Thursday, June 12, 2008

from Rommel de los Santos de Ausen

Good day!

I encountered your article about Epifanio de los Santos and I feel the same. I am kinda doing research on him when I have free time. I was so curious about his life and works and it still amazes me what he has done- a silent leader. I'm so amazed and curious about history . He was kinda like finding and guiding our nation's identity in those difficult times. Filipinos could relate to him more and I think he's becoming more and more relevant in today's society. He serves as my inspiration. We learn from the great men of history and it's no wonder those great men are Filipinos.

One thing I'm curious about is how did he took the savage distortions of indigenous tribes in the "Saint Louis Exposition". He must have been devastated about it as one of those intellectuals during that time. We have our very own history and it's unique and exciting which could be compared with other old civilizations. We are in a later period. Learning about EDSA could bury those remnants of colonial mentality that we still have as of today.

" A Society Grows Great when Old Men Plant Trees Whose Shade They Know They Shall Never Sit In." Greek Proverb

Hope their legacy lives on.

No comments: