Friday, December 28, 2007

from Peter Sanchez

Hi, Gemma. I really enjoyed your dissertation on the pinata. Had no idea of its interesting background other that it was of a Latino origin. I am usually in charge of the kids games at our company summer picnics. I would have a couple of these pinatas and would handpick the ones that would catch the children's fancy. It all makes sense to me now. Growing up in the Philippines, my siblings and I and the entire neighborhood kids enjoyed our version of the palayok after the procession during santacruzan season. (Now here is one for you...did the Pabitin have as colorful history as the Pinata?) Thanks you so much for your fascinating and enlightening articles. I really enjoy them as I am a history buff myself. Merry Christmas to you and your family and may you have a most Blessed New Year.

Your friend and fan,
Peter Sanchez