Sunday, March 23, 2008

from Leonora Enriquez

Thanks for sharing your observation. This situation happens all the time . Some of our kababayans assist foreigners first because they are given tips or lagay. I was in line to withdraw money from my mother's bank account . This was at the PNB Olongapo city branch. I stood in line for almost 2 hours . I see some people going in and out of the teller cage all the while thinking they were employees by the bank. But they were friends of the teller and she assist them first because she gets some tip from the withdrawal. This people going in and out are the runnres of the account holders. I was so upset that I demanded to speak with the manager. It did not do me any good because I found out that he is also doing the same thing. He assisted me but he is also assisting other "clients" at the same time. It was very disgusting. It is true to every government agency that I dealt with because when my mother pass away in 2006 I had a hard time processing her paperworks because I refuse to give lagay . I believe this is the root of the problem. Most people do not take their jobs seriously and no pride at all.

No comments: